Yo,
Time to make a decision ya'll. I am trying to reserve campgrounds, determine a head count, and for what days.
Here is the proposal:
March 27- April 1st in Moab, Utah
We would like to try all the different types of activities like:
motorcycles/ four wheelers ($200 a day to rent a machine)
mountain biking ($40 a day to rent a full suspension)
*jeep safari ($50 per jeep for trail registration and $150-$200 a day to rent a jeep)
rafting (mom is requesting a permit)
rock climbing (jake has most gear)
and spectating for some of you, of course.
So, there are two types of campgrounds: established (KOA type RV park which is $30 a night) and free range like cattle(pick your spot from the road). Some people have mentioned the desire to shower while down in the dirty acres of red rock land, so obviously the first of the two options would be best. However, the established campgrounds have quiet hours after 10pm (bad for loud people like Jake, Jesse, and Jon).
Ultimately, I think there are some half decent campgrounds in town that are family oriented. Everyone could shower, enjoy good cooking, use clean plates, and utilize the restrooms. We wouldn't have to rent a hotel if we got one of these campgrounds, but I need to reserve it really, really, really soon.
So, let's try and figure out who is going and for how long so I can plan the trip for everyone. I will likely get two campsites next to each other.
Please forward to any extended Splan Family members like Erin, Geff, Pat, Ryan, etc.
* Note: Frank, Madi, and I talked about renting a jeep for one day so we can go rally!!
Talk to you soon,
--
Jesse
Time to make a decision ya'll. I am trying to reserve campgrounds, determine a head count, and for what days.
Here is the proposal:
March 27- April 1st in Moab, Utah
We would like to try all the different types of activities like:
motorcycles/ four wheelers ($200 a day to rent a machine)
mountain biking ($40 a day to rent a full suspension)
*jeep safari ($50 per jeep for trail registration and $150-$200 a day to rent a jeep)
rafting (mom is requesting a permit)
rock climbing (jake has most gear)
and spectating for some of you, of course.
So, there are two types of campgrounds: established (KOA type RV park which is $30 a night) and free range like cattle(pick your spot from the road). Some people have mentioned the desire to shower while down in the dirty acres of red rock land, so obviously the first of the two options would be best. However, the established campgrounds have quiet hours after 10pm (bad for loud people like Jake, Jesse, and Jon).
Ultimately, I think there are some half decent campgrounds in town that are family oriented. Everyone could shower, enjoy good cooking, use clean plates, and utilize the restrooms. We wouldn't have to rent a hotel if we got one of these campgrounds, but I need to reserve it really, really, really soon.
So, let's try and figure out who is going and for how long so I can plan the trip for everyone. I will likely get two campsites next to each other.
Please forward to any extended Splan Family members like Erin, Geff, Pat, Ryan, etc.
* Note: Frank, Madi, and I talked about renting a jeep for one day so we can go rally!!
Talk to you soon,
--
Jesse
pics attached - jesse on the Middle Fork of the Salmon May 08
1 comment:
Who needs to shower?
I am definitely going!!
Will look into hotels, condos, campgrounds, and permits today. I vote cheap cause I'm broke.
So this all lands the week before the famous jeep safari?
Post a Comment